28 Jul 2020
In conversation with PSK
Speaker: Chris Lioutas - Chief Investment Officer
Hosted by: Paul Harrop - General Manager Advice
Date: 28th July 2020
In this live recording PSK’s Chief Investment Officer, Chris Lioutas answered a variety of questions ranging from the future of global markets, the impact on markets in the absence of a vaccine through to impact of current events on the residential property market.
In conversation with PSK Questions
- How can world markets continue to rise when there are so many companies that are unable to provide forecasts on earnings?
- Are you expecting the current economic environment to worsen?
- What is the outlook re China and iron ore, especially in the event of war which seems to be coming closer daily?
- Are there some sectors more affected by others? What are the best shares to buy now?
- Assuming there is no vaccine for Covid-19 in the next 18 months, where does the market go from here ?
- We saw an unexpected fall in March, while hard to predict, can you see another “big fall” coming?
- What is the long-term impact of massive printing to sustain economy?
- What is the effect on the average person of this huge debt the government is building?
- What do you think will happen to the Australian residential property market over the coming 12 months?
- What about shopping centres like Westfield’s, Stockland’s etc, what is the outlook for them given they have so many shops closing?
- What is PSK policy with regard to renewables?
- What is the outlook re the banks, given the likelihood of many defaulted mortgages?
- What impact will the current situation have on allocated pension income in the short term?
- What is the PSK view on Ethical investments?
- Do ETF’s have a role in a portfolio?
If you’d like to discuss any of the points raised, please do not hesitate to contact us on 9324 8888.
PSK Financial Services Group Pty Ltd (ABN 24 134 987 205), PSK Financial Services 23 Pty Limited (ABN 88 624 480 628), PSK Financial Services 24 Pty Limited (ABN 81 626 044 264), PSK Financial Services 25 Pty Limited (ABN 65 629 095 932), trading as PSK Financial Services, is an authorised representative of Charter Financial Planning Limited, Australian Financial Services Licensee and Australian Credit Licensee 234665. Information contained in this video is general in nature. It does not take into account your objectives, needs or financial situation. You need to consider your financial situation before making any decisions based on this information.